All operators of powered are required to obtain a PLEASURE CRAFT OPERATOR CARD. These legal requirements apply to all Canadian waterways and have been phased in over a 10 year period. 

This includes all operators of power driven vessels, powered boats, powered sailboats and personal watercraft (PWCs), regardless of age or engine size.